Recently, I have been super focused on getting our personal finances in order. I want to make sure we are being smart with our money for the long term. Through all of my research, I keep hearing this term “Debt Snowball. ” Essentially, you begin paying small debts first then move to large ones. Think like a snowball headed down a mountainside. Yesterday it struck me that I don’t need to snowball my money, but I do need to snowball my knitting.
There are a lot of WIPs going on in Casa de Whit. So much so that I needed to take a hard look at myself and commit to finishing some projects before even thinking of casting on one more item. So far I have 7 WIPs that range from sewing in ends to partially complete.
This is so unlike me. I am a pretty monogamist knitter. I like to keep focused and get the finished object (aka I am a product knitter). Nevertheless, I just can’t keep focus on a single item lately. I start something and then *poof* my attention has gone elsewhere. So a dedicated plan is in order. The first step of my knitting snowball is to list all of my “debts” from ‘almost there’ to ‘needs some TLC’. Here we go:
- Unnamed design hat- add pompon ( I am working on samples for a design I am trying to publish)
- Big Flax Sweater- I am making Christmas sweaters. My husband’s has been approved by him in terms of fit and needs the ends woven in.
- Hoi An Top- When it came to making the icords for the arm holes I stalled. So I have an armhole, neckline, and ends to weave in.
- Medium Flax Sweater- My sweater has 1/3 of a sleeve and ends that need weaving in.
- Unnamed design baby hat- I got inspired by a colorwork mosaic and had to dig in. This project is 50% there.
- Sweet Lady Blue – This chunky sweater is so close. I have one sleeve left and I am making 3/4 sleeves due to limited yarn.
- Vanilla Socks- I bought a ball of Cascade Heritage Prints this past July and embarked on some toe up vanilla socks. I am trying to think of something a little spicier than 2×2 ribbing for the leg section.
Okay step one done! Tomorrow’s mission is… make a pompon and take some photos. Easy enough right?
Until Next Time,