Super Bowl 50 is upon us! 🏈 Living in the Bay Area, I have been bombarded with Super Bowl these last few weeks. There are concerts, statues, memorabilia, and tourists all over the city. I am not a huge football fan, but I do love the Super Bowl. It is such a great way to get friends together. Here are my essentials to having a great time during the Super Bowl.
- Get your knitting project together. Thought I would leave out crafting? No way! Pick a portable project that is repetitive. You are going to be talking, eating , and watching half time performances. Therefore, pick something you can knit without thinking. I am knitting Anastasia Socks. They look tricky, but the pattern is pretty easy to follow. Want something football themed? Check out my Football Coasters.
- Get your snacks together. I love Super Bowl snacks! I try to have a good balance of “junk food” (wings, nachos, pulled pork) and healthier options ( veggies and hummus). This year I am also adding caramel Rice Krispie treats to the snack line up.
- Seating. Make sure you have spots for everyone. Whether it is the couch or cute pillows on the ground everyone needs a spot to watch the game.
- Have some fun decor! Hey it is a party right? Decor can be as minimal as football played or as elaborate as this: (photo from Princess Pinky Girl)
- Libations. Have a variety of adult beverages as well as kiddy ones.
- Good company! Super Bowl parties are a great way to gather all sorts of friends you know. Come together and have a good time!
Our local team, the 49ers, are not in the big game so I will be rooting for the Carolina Panthers. I ❤️ Cam Newton!
What are your Super Bowl essentials?