I was feeling crafty yesterday afternoon. I upcycled an old necklace and made it into:
Ocean Stones Keepsake Box
Materials: Glass Beads, jewelry pliers, hot glue gun or super glue, wooden box, acrylic paint, paintbrush, and packing tape
1) Separate the beads from metal clasps using the jewelry pliers.
2) Shine the beads if needed. Lay out the beads in desired pattern on top of the box.
3) Glue the beads to the top of the box using a hot glue gun or superglue. Allow to dry.
4) Take the packing tape and cover the beads to prevent paint stains.
5) Select a paint color and paint the box with your desired design.
6) Let box dry. Apply second coat of paint if needed.
*Tip: Super glue held the stones (especially the round beads) onto the wood a little better than the hot glue. I tried to use a combo of the both.