A nice surprise popped up in my notifications box on Sunday. Mika, author of the blog The Novelty Knitter, nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thanks so much Mika!
These are the rules to the Liebster Award:
1. Answer questions from the blogger who nominated you.
2. Nominate 11 new blogs with 500 followers or less.
3. Post 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Tag your nominees and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated.
Here are my answers to Mika’s questions:
1. Why did you start this blog?
I love knitting and crafting and blogging is a great way to spread the love.
2. What are your goals for your blog?
To have a place to share, explore, and learn new things from others in the crafting community.
3. What are your sources of inspiration?
I love flowers! These elements usually inspire my color choices.
5. What are your other hobbies besides blogging?
Aside from knitting, I also enjoy traveling, reading, and hiking.
6. Why did you start crafting?
I have had a love affair with crafting since I was a toddler. Whether it was crayons, beads, or latch hook, I had to have my hands busy. There was always something soothing to me about creating something from scratch.
7. How long have you been crafting?
Estimation: 26 years; Knitting specifically: 17 years.
8. Favorite yarn brands?
Depends on the project. Currently, I am loving Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima Cotton, Loops and Threads Cozy Wool, and Rowan’s Soft Knit Cotton.
9. What is your favorite type of project?
I really love making cowls. They are a great way to try out a new yarn or pattern texture.
10. Vogue Knitting or Interweave?
11. Favorite designers?
Check back later this week for my nominees!