Well I finally reached the peak of the mountain. After about 2.5 months, I have completed the Dogwood Blanket from Tin Can Knits pattern found in 9 Months of Knitting. It was a hard project for me as you saw in my previous blog posting (see link below), but I did it! I think it came out looking pretty good. I will defiantly keep my new little cousin warm.
Things I would change if I ever made this again:
1) I would block each piece as I go. I only blocked the first square to make sure it came out as a square and that I didn’t bind off too tight. The white square was knit with a little tighter of a gauge so I had to really stretch it when blocking for sewing.
2) Possibly crochet the edges to make it a uniform square. As you can see some of the outer edges are wavy looking.
3) Pick bolder colors. I really like the blanket being different colors and wish I had picked some crazier colors.
- The hardest blanket ever! (knitsbywhit.wordpress.com)